Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
National Database of Laws and Regulations国家法律法规数据库
China’s National People’s Congress (NPC) launched an official database of Chinese laws and regulations, the National Database of Laws and Regulations. The database contains the following currently effective categories of Chinese legal authorities:
- Constitution: 1982 Constitution, Constitution as last amended in 2018, and constitutional amendments
- Laws: statutes, legislative interpretations, and decisions concerning legal issues or major issues passed by the NPC and NPCSC
- Administrative Regulations: those issued by the State Council
- Local Regulations: those issued by local people’s congresses, autonomous regulations and separate regulations issued by the people’s congresses of the ethnic autonomous areas, and special economic zone regulations issued by special economic zones
- Judicial Interpretations: those issued jointly or separately by the Supreme People’s Court and Supreme People’s Procuratorate
See NPC Observer’s guide and review ( PDF file) for a discussion of the database in English.